About the inventor
The patented Porta-Gyn® portable pelvic exam device is lightweight, portable and can be deployed on any bed in every hospital, remote medical facility or emergency room in less than 2 minutes. The device makes it easy to perform pelvic exams anywhere at a moment’s notice without searching for supplies.
“ Everyday, doctors in my E.R. perform dozens of pelvic exams on women whose lives are in danger. Because the proper equipment isn’t available, these exams are conducted with patients propped up on bedpans. I invented the Porta-Gyn® portable pelvic exam device so we can stop using bedpans and start providing better care.”
– Pamela Gilley, Physician Assistant and Inventor
- Portable: Easily and rapidly deploys to any room in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics and field operations.
- Lightweight: Compact, easy to carry and transport. Stores in any small space, supply room or mobile cart.
- Perfectly-Sized: Fits on any bed or surface and can safely accommodate patients of almost any size.
- Built for Female Anatomy: Provides full anatomical access to conduct complete pelvic exams, to facilitate birth, provide emergency care and more.
Use the Porta-Gyn® Portable Pelvic Exam Device Anywhere
- Emergency Rooms
- Armed Services Medical Units
- Remote & Disaster Response Agencies
- Mobile Medical Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Health Clinics & Urgent Care
- Family Medical Practices
- Ambulances & EMTs
- Every Floor of the Hospital
- Women’s Shelters and Homes
- Medical Missions and Humanitarian Aid
- Anywhere Women’s Health is a Focus